I got tagged to answer Katie's (batsinthebelfrycatsintheattic) questions! So here goes nothing:
-write 11 things about you
-answer the questions you were tagged with
-create 11 new questions for those tagged
-put links to those you tag on your blog!
11 Things About Me:
1. I really like to read and write, but I have a hard time with grammar and spelling. My default way of typing is with no caps, but when I try to be official I try to capitalize, but sometimes i forget. Hm, this is more of a disclaimer than a fact...oh well!
2. My band has played a show with a well-known band in the indie-emo scene and one of my personal favorites, Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate). It is still kind of like a dream to me, I still can't believe i got the chance to do something like that.
3. I am a huge cat person. and I mean a HUUUUUUUUUUGE cat person. I honestly do not know why I like cats so much except they are so cute and furry and awwwwww.
4. My personality type is somewhere between an INFJ and an ISFJ. Both of these suggest that i am an introverted person who is motivated by their feelings and likes having solid plans for the future.
5. I have been a vegetarian since I was about 9 years old. Someday when I have the finances, I may go vegan, but for now I can't.
6. I am really interested in the paranormal or anything mysterious. I think it probably has to do with my creative side. I like to use my imagination a lot and I like the idea of there being things in this world that we don't understand, but maybe someday we will.
7. I unironically watch My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic with my boyfriend every week.
8. I once made a slightly creepy plush doll based on Robert Smith (from the Cure's) likeness. Speaking of, in high school I went though a huge ginormous Cure phase. My hair in the chorus concert videos my uncle taped is definite proof of this.
9. I love nature and the feeling of being secluded from the modern world. I especially love the feeling of fall: the weather, the way the air smells, the colors, and overall mood of the changing of seasons.
10. Right now I am making a really ugly cat mask for my 3D design class and i don't know how to make it look ok for critique
11. I just got back from an impromptu trip to Chattanooga with my 2 friends, but we left (very) early due to certain circumstances.
1. What are your fashion inspirations? My inspiration comes from a load of things. I really like a lot of the 90's teen grrl aesthetic (or whatever it's really called). You know, chunky shoes, sweaters, lots of plaid skirts and weird patterned things. I also take a lot from a lot of cues from current japanese styles like mori girl or fairy kei. Other than that, I really like the laid-back look of the indie-punk/emo revival scene that i experience a lot when i go to shows. I love my punk jacket with patches, hehe.
2. What is the weirdest or rudest thing anyone has said to you? i remember that i mentioned something about my boyfriend going through transition on tumblr, and i got a lot of nasty anonymous messages saying "why do you like girls/What do you like best about the p---y" and that made me feel really offended and very bad about myself. since then I don't think I have really talked about my boyfriend being transsexed since.
3. What is your favorite article of clothing? My boots! I am such a combat/lace up boot girl. i mean, i even wore my old doc martens under my graduation gown. Right now they are a pair of Ralph Lauren Ranger boots:
4. What three words best describe you? quirky, shy, sincere
5.What is your biggest pet peeve? Trust me, there are a lot, but the first thing that comes to mind is when people make fun of a teacher in the class the teacher is teaching. especially when they make fun of the teacher/professor in front of the teacher's face, but the teacher doesn't realize because they are old or foreign. It's just really disrespectful to me.
6.What is one thing that never fails to make you smile? cute cat videos!
7. Do you have a catchphrase or something you say all the time? hm, not really....i say "butts!" as an interjection often, but it's more of an inside joke between my friends and i that has weaseled its way into everyday speech (by the way, do you know a group of weasels is called a business?)
8. If you were an animal, what would you be? a cat (well, surprise, surprise!)
9. What's your vice? i am a super perfectionist and i always want to be right at everything, know all the answers, and be the best. it doesn't do any good for me at all.
10.What are your career aspirations? well, first off i want to always be a musician and always do music-related things. playing and writing music makes me so happy. other than that, i want to do some kind of illustration/graphic design and do comic books. Kind of like Tara McPherson does art and posters, or Mitch Clem does comics and album art/design. I really like that kind of thing. I also have this kind of silly aspiration for making an all-ages venue/recording studio someday. I really want to have a good environment for people to play and see bands and start bands at.
11. What's the scariest thing that has ever happened to you? I'm not really sure if I can pin down one thing as the scariest. I mean, there have been times when I have felt really bad after arguments or very concerned for people I care about. And then there's um...thunderstorms where i freak myself out into thinking that a tree will fall on me!
Sadly, I don't really have any followers who haven't been tagged, so i'm not gonna make anyone answer my questions.
well, now that that's over with, hopefully you have learned a bit about me? hm?
I want to start posting more here, i think it might be a good place to put down things i might write about in my zines, or just express my feelings, or even do fashion/music blogging. so yeah, hopefully you'll hear from me more!